Saturday, May 10, 2008

Birthday Extravaganza



Well, I guess it wasn't really an extravaganza, but it was still fun. Since our birthdays are just 6 days apart we usually have a joint party with a few friends. This year Sara got us a tasty ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. We had some friends over and played games and ate cake. On my birthday we went out to lunch and on Matt's birthday we went to dinner at Red Robin (free burger on your birthday!). I guess you can tell what we like to do for fun :) We also went to some batting cages that weekend as well. All in all, we had a great birthday weekend. Our main present was a camcorder, which we just barely got in the mail. Hopefully we'll be able to post a short video of Rachel soon. Matt also made me 2 slide shows, one of our first 4 years of marriage and the other of Rachel. He's going to post the Rachel one soon. It's really cute! He is so good at thinking up creative birthday ideas. I got him a book and a sweatshirt (I'm not so good at the creative thing, obviously!).
The second picture above is of Rachel and me on the morning of May 3rd, the first morning in 9 months that one of us hasn't had to get up with her at night (except for a few times where she miraculously slept through the night). We decided to start letting her cry it out. The first night was great, she only cried for about 20 minutes. We've had a few rough nights since then, but it is exciting to think that all 3 of us will soon be sleeping through the night! I know I look a little tired in the picture, but I was so happy!

3 comments:

Jen Taylor said...

If you move back here in the next... hmm.... we'll give you 3 months I will personally guarantee my babysitting services, absolutely free, for Rachel for the rest of her life. Any other kids who come along are not in the agreement and are therefore on their own. Suckers. BUT SERIOUSLY. You should just come back overrrrrrrrrrr.

Love, Chum. (see now people know I'm sister Jen not friend Jen)

Boden Family said...

She's so cute! We already miss you guys. Thanks for the great vacation.

PS we found a great local pizza place in Williamsburg. It's called Victor's Deli and Pizza and it's not even 1 1/2 miles from where we were staying. Lame!

Sara Stevenson said...

Excuse me it's been like a MONTH since your last post...get on that would ya?:)