Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Weekend of Gluttony

My little sister Jen visited us this past week. We did a lot of stuff: went downtown, shopped for nail polish (she's a reformed nail biter and now enjoys painting her lovely long nails), played with Rachel, took naps, read books, watched movies, played monopoly, annoyed each other, birthday doorbell ditched, visited a pumpkin patch, etc. But mostly we enjoyed my personal favorite of the seven deadly sins: gluttony! We ate ourselves sick. It was the best visit ever, despite the severe overeating. I hated to drop her off at the airport this morning. Luckily we get to see her again at New Years! See you soon, chum! Thanks for having so much fun with us.
** Note about our Brazil posts: Matt's parents in Portland watched Rachel for us. She had a good time with them and actually cried a little when she saw me for the first time after getting back. We were glad that we could vacation happily knowing she was in good hands back in Portland.


Bedtime story. What a cute pair of redheads!


Jen getting her workout by swinging Rachel up and down.


Jen (going in to get Rachel from her nap): Michelle, do you think Rachel's crib will support my weight?
Me (in the other room): Probably not, so let's not test it.
Jen (a few seconds later): Michelle, come look!


The pumpkin patch! The pumpkins that we got to take home ("included in the price of your admission!") were considerable smaller. As in Rachel can easily hold hers without any help and there is no way we can carve them.


Rachel didn't love the slide...
I wanted to add another picture of Jen petting the goats, but the darn computer won't let me. Let's just say that Jen loves goats and the goat pen was almost the highlight of her visit. Rachel was just mad that we wouldn't let her play with the goat poo.

3 comments:

Tony said...

Sweet pumpkin...did Matt grow that?

Jen Taylor said...

Jeez, it's like a Jen shrine folks! And I did in fact change my clothes while I was there, just so happened all those pictures were taken on the same day!! Yay for goats! And Rachel! And cribs that hold the larger kids out there. :) Miss you Chelle! And Matt! And especially Rachel.

jen said...

I'm sorry I didn't come introduce myself to your sister at church Sunday! I was a little distracted with family myself... I'm glad she got to come, though! It looks like you had a good time. Coincidentally enough, Tony and I drove out near that farm randomly the other weekend. Who knew pumpkins could be that big.