Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wednesday Recipes: Chicken Noodle Soup

Lately Matt and I have been trying to eat just a little bit healthier. I've found that my biggest problem (besides wanting to eat chocolate for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and elevensies) is finding healthy recipes for dinner. We've been trying a lot of new ones, so I thought I'd start sharing the good ones. And please send me your favorite healthy recipe so that we can have some more to try! This is my friend Sara's recipe, and I could eat it every night. It makes a lot, but it freezes great. I just thawed out an individual portion that I froze in a small ziploc bag. Just as delicious as the first day I made it!

Chicken Noodle Soup
Sara Stevenson

8-10 cups water
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

5 chicken bouillon cubes
1 1/2 C. carrots, chopped
1 C. celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 T. minced garlic (we always used the kind in the jar)

Salt, pepper, and parsley to taste (don't add too much salt before tasting it, the bouillon adds a lot of salt on its own)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 C. milk

3 C. cooked noodles

~Boil the chicken in the water until cooked through, remove and let cool slightly.
~Add bouillon to water. Add veggies and garlic and boil just until tender.
~Meanwhile, cut up the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
~Add spices, cream of chicken, milk, and the cut up chicken. Simmer for about 20 min.
~Add cooked noodles, stir, and serve.
Makes about 6 servings.

Let me know if you try it and like it!

1 comment:

Sarah Chow said...

What a good looking family! And Michelle, I love your hair.