Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Babysitting

I just starting babysitting my friend's 2 boys every Friday while she works as a dental hygienist. I've done it for 2 weeks now and really like it. Rachel loves Mikey and JT and is very entertained when they come over to play. I wouldn't want to babysit every day, but once a week is perfect (and the money is nice too, of course!). JT is 3 years old and very well behaved for his age. Toddlers are not my favorite age group, but he is a really good boy (he still has his moments, but what 3 year old doesn't?). He calls me Sister Ratto, which I think is the cutest thing ever. And Rachel is Baby Rachel. Mikey is 16 months and so easy going. He fusses for about 30 seconds after his mom leaves and then starts playing with toys, only stopping to eat or nap. Since they come over to my house all the toys are new for them, so they are very easily entertained. I'm really happy Julie lets me watch her cute kids, it is a nice addition to our week.

JT and me enjoying some reading time.

Mikey chews on a cloth "diapee" when he gets distressed. Kind of funny.


JT and Rachel enjoying her muscial birthday card. It plays the chicken dance when you open it.

4 comments:

Jen Taylor said...

your hair is way cute. I love it! Rachel looks like she's wearing a toupee though! Hehe.

Boden Family said...

I have to say, that I love the hair too! How fun for you and Rachel! Playmate are a wonderful thing!

Amy said...

Michelle-
you look so great! I love your hair, i have never seen it long!

ChristyLou said...

Okay, I'm really embarrassed that it's been so long since I saw a pic of Rachel that I didn't even recognize her! She has so much hair!! What a doll. I'm so glad that you guys are happy and that babysitting is going so smoothly!