Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rachel Turns One!

Rachel is officially a toddler! Today is her birthday, but we had her party on Sunday. I made this banner all by myself (I copied the idea from another blog, though)! It turned out so cute and she even pointed at it several times. I figured she wouldn't even acknowledge it's presence :) It is probably one of the more successful craft projects I've ever completed.

She always falls asleep on the way home from church because she misses her afternoon nap. This is her waking up groggy and grumpy because it is 5:30 at night. Some cake will cheer her up!

She got so excited about her first present (a book from aunt Jen) that it was hard to convince her to open the rest. We finally had to distract her with wrapping paper and hide her new books so that we could open more presents! Babies are so easily pleased sometimes.

Even though it doesn't look like much, these little cakes took Matt and I a long time to do! He was such a good sport about helping. We had a hard time getting the frosting right, but I think we've got it down for next time.


Trying to hold her sippy cup with her slippery, cake covered hands.

What a festive family! It was a fun party. Some of our friends came, which was nice since we don't have any family out here. I was so excited to have Rachel's party and our friends were really great to humor us and ooh and ahh over how cute she is. They're the best!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yea! happy birthday! and congrats on making it thru year 1, i def. thinkit is the hardest.... they grow up so fast though:-( enjoy the next one!!!

Boden Family said...

Oh....I wish I could have been there. It reminds me of Graham's first. Looks like you had fun.
I love the bow in her hair, it's so cute!

Tony said...

That was good cake.