Monday, August 11, 2008

Outdoor Fun and Roxie's Arrival

This is pretty much my new favorite picture of Rachel. We go outside at least twice a day because it calms her down when she starts to get grumpy. She loves pointing at things and climbing the stairs. We usually wait outside for Matt to come home every evening. She gets so excited when I start pointing and saying "where's Daddy?". She says "Dada" now and means it. Sometimes she says mama, but not as often. Is that the cutest smile you've ever seen, or what???

Even though my face looks like I've been through hours of labor, she's not mine! Sara and Brandon had their little baby Roxie on August 6th at 7:00 pm. Sara is one of my best friends out here and I was so excited to go see her and Roxie at the hospital. I wish I had better pictures, but this is it for now. She is way cuter already, these pics were taken late that night when she was just a few hours old. I'm not sure why I look so scary...

Sara and Roxie

1 comment:

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

Oh, I am so happy you left a comment so I could find your blog!!! I will add it to my list so I can check back regularly! Your little Rachel is adorable! We should come and visit...my little Ava is only a month younger (and we actually do not live that far apart!)...they would be so cute! I totally know what you mean about people staying the age you last saw them...Chelsy should be getting engaged hopefully this week and Cam's wife Rebecca is just so cute and perfect for him....it is weird to think my parents are empty nesters! Again, I love your blog. It is funny, but I look at your pictures and I know it has been a LONG time since we were such close friends, but I just feel this connection to you! It is so fun to be able to stay in touch this way (I am good at blogs, but I am a total facebook dropout)!:) What is your husband studying?