Monday, February 4, 2008

6 months old!



Rachel turned 6 months on January 30th. We celebrated by letting her try a sippy cup for the first time. What an exciting birthday for her :) !! She loves drinking water from her sippy and chewing on the top of it. She's not picky about what she likes to chew on, though. She also really likes taking a little drink from my water glass if I'm holding her when I take a drink. Her arms start flapping like crazy when she sees me drinking.
This past weekend we had a lot of fun with some of our friends here. On Friday we went over to Sara and Brandon's and had a tasty dinner. We also tried out their new couches. Then Saturday we got our first paid babysitter and went to the temple and out to dinner. The babysitter, Emily, did a great job entertaining Rachel and then putting her to bed. She is the first person besides Matt and me that has put her to bed. It was a great evening. Then Sunday we watched the Super Bowl over at Sara and Brandon's. We ate a ton of food!

3 comments:

Sara Stevenson said...

Wahoo for food!:) I love that little bow in Rachels hair...totally adorable!

Sara Stevenson said...

Did I spell hair 'bow' wrong? That looks totally weird...oh well:)

ChristyLou said...

I can't believe you've had a blog for a whole month and didn't tell me!!! You are so in the dog house! I've been dying to see and know what you guys are up to. Good thing I could track you down through your comment on my blog...lol.

Seriously though, I'm so glad that you guys started a blog. Rachel is adorable and you look so awesome, Chelle. Thin with pretty hair and Rachel's only 6 months old, you go girl! I can't wait to see more in the life of the Ratto Family (not to mention MattforPresident!). Love you, Christy.